Golf Members at The Sands Torquay are privileged to be part of one of the premier golf courses in the region.
The Sands Golf Course is a Stuart Appleby designed 18 Hole Championship layout. Our facilities includes a $12 million clubhouse with member areas including members lounge, change rooms / lockers and function space to host social events. A state of the art professional academy supported by extensive practice facilities - real grass driving range, chipping / bunker areas and practice greens, add to the value of being a member here at the Sands Torquay.
Benefits of becoming a Golf Member at The Sands Torquay
A golfing calendar with a variety of events including guest days, regular 9 hole events and grade championships.
Golfing facilities include full grassed driving range, practice putting and chipping greens along with practice bunkers.
- Multiple tees for all levels of golfer.
- Option to invite three guests at any one time (excluding Saturday competition times).
- Clubhouse and dining facilities.
- Regular visitor and guests days giving you the opportunity to bring friends along free of charge.
- Well stocked and fashionable Golf Shop offering golf members a 10% discount.
- Discounts on food & beverages purchased in Sands Clubhouse Bar & Restaurant.
- Functional website and online booking capabilities.
- Access to reciprocal clubs Australia wide with varying levels of playing rights Click here for more details.
- Quality course presentation supported by year round water access.
- Golf Academy specialising in club fitting and lessons suitable for beginners and juniors through to experienced golfers.
- Access to private Members Locker/Change Rooms.
- Locker hire and club storage options.
- Exciting functions and events such as annual Twilight Golf competition, Golf Week, Pro Am and other events for members and their families.
- Monthly direct debit option available to pay annual subscription fees.
- NO joining fees
- NO referees
- NO wait list
Membership enquiries are always welcomed by contacting The Sands Torquay Membership Coordinator on 03 5264 3303, by email at email@example.com or download an application form below.
Download Application Membership e-brochure
The application process
Application forms for membership of The Sands Torquay are available by contacting the Membership Coordinator on 03 5264 3303 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
New applicants must provide two referees who are members of a golf club, preferably of The Sands Torquay. Once an application form has been processed and formally adopted by The Board of The Sands Torquay, membership fees will be payable.
The Sands Torquay Health Club is an exceptional facility boasting a fully equipped gymnasium with a 25 metre lap pool as the centrepiece of this incredible recreational area.
The Health Club is a "Members and Hotel Guests" only facility offering fully trained gym staff and all the state of the art gymnasium equipment, making this a great place to exercise while overlooking the practice area of the golf course.
Please note that public holiday hours may vary and will always be advertised in advance.
- 6.00am - 8.45pm 7 days a week
Casual visits now available at $20 per visit.
Residential Health Club Membership
Owners of properties within The Sands Estate are provided with two Residential Health Club Memberships, commonly called Health Club Nominees. These Nominees may be either the owner/s of the property or the current tenants of the property. Only two people may be nominated for a property at any one time. Changes to the listed Nominees may only occur once every 12 months by completing the relevant application form and returning with suitable supporting documentation.
Click here to find out how to apply for Residential membership or for further information on The Sands Torquay Health Club facilities is available by contacting the Health Club Manager on 03 5264 3314 or by emailing email@example.com